- Free addiction tools -
Just some resources I find helpful for both curbing impulses and long-term attachment. (I got a lot of these from my recovery group.)
Know any more? Comment and help expand this page!
Taming Your Tech resources
- Read these two short pieces about what recovery is and what it isn’t.
- Understand your psychological wound via my kintsugi theory. (though sometimes you just want dopamine kicks)
- Bookmark my Panic Button and click it when you feel strong cravings. It’ll only make sense once you understand my kintsugi theory, though.
- Pick a blocker from my comparison chart. Curated to save you time and frustration.
- Have you considered a free membership to Tamers Lodge?
General screentime tools
Internet addiction tools
- nosurf.net/about (overuse forum)
- Offtions – your offline options now
- What is Internet addiction?
- “I wrote a comprehensive guide on making Google Chrome as distraction-free as possible“
- Firefox Focus browser
- Limit – set limits for distracting sites
- Mindful Internet Use app
- SleepTown – Build Healthy Sleep Habits